Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

Ok, this song was on and a debate broke out. My wife says she realized that the song is about "Mommy" actually kissing "Daddy", but I maintain that there is no evidence of that and that she is actually kissing Santa. Not that there is any kind of sordid intercontinental love triangle going on, it's innocent, but I think it is actually Santa the song is referring to. I searched the internet but came to no definitive conclusions. The second verse of the song references Santa's white beard, and the original cover art features a traditional Santa, so I maintain my original opinion. What do you think?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duh! I'm with Heather! It's actually the dad! Do you not remember our dad dressing up as Santa?? Beard and all?? I do not believe Santa would be a participant in an affair!

Jaybird said...

I don't remember that about Dad at all. But I do remember whenever Santa would come by, Dad had always gone out to the truck to get something or had run to Braums.

Just Keeping it Real said...

How funny! There was a yahoo discussion on this very topic.

Misty McTexUs said...

If you're a parent, your assumption is that Mommy was kissing Daddy under the mistletoe because they finally had a frickin' moment to theirselves.