Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Stargate Continuum!! Woooot!!

Today I took a trip to Target. Not just Target. SUPER TARGET. Things are usually good when they have "SUPER" in front of the name. This is unfortunately not the case for Target. Today is a very exciting day because "Stargate Continuum" is out on DVD! What's that? You have no idea what I am talking about? Ok. Here is the run down. Back in 1994 a movie came out called Stargate. It starred Kurt Russell and James Spader. If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend it. This kicked off a TV series starring Richard Dean Anderson (aka MacGyver) called Stargate SG-1. This is our (my wife and I) favorite show of all time. It lasted a whopping 10 seasons. The series finale was kind of a downer. There were two main storylines that they didn't really sufficiently finish. So, a few months ago, they released a feature length "straight to DVD" movie to finish one storyline, and TODAY, they release "Continuum" which wraps up the other storyline. Here is the bounty I seek-

Now for the reason I do not like Super Target. When the first DVD came out, I stopped here because it was on my way home from work. Unfortunately, the store is 5 miles wide and I had parked at the south end, only to find the DVDs were on the north end. With this lesson learned I parked on the north end this time! I'm so smart! I quickly grabbed my DVD and headed for the checkout lanes...

As you can see, I am at checkout lane 19, meaning I have passed 18 registers that are closed. 24, 26 and one other was open, but their were people with basket-loads in those lines, so I walked to the far SOUTH END of the store (yes, opposite of where I parked) to get to the "express" lanes. Only one person was in front of me in this "10 items or less" lane... you see where this is going.. yes, she had 17 items! Although there may have been 10 UNIQUE items, there were 17 total. Since the customer is never wrong, I'm sure Target will never explain this nuance to anyone, inconveniencing those of us taking advantage of the convenience of the express lane. I filled my canteen and hired a guide and took the long trek to the opposite side of the parking lot, but I got the movie! And an excellent movie it was! Well worth the trouble!

I look a little loony in the picture, but that is only because it is hard to covertly take pictures of yourself in a store without being thrown out.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Who's the crazy person taking pictures in Target?"

Michele said...

Ok. First of all this entire rant about inconvenience sounds JUST LIKE something Papa would say! Also, next time you are around my husband you need to strike up a conversation. He is a huge fan of Stargate and a huge fan of Monte Cristos (July 30th blog entry).