Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Farewell to Bennigan's


How sad that Bennigan's is closed for good. Granted, I only ate there probably once every five years. The best thing on the menu was the Monte Cristo (pictured above), a delicious ham and turkey sandwich with melted Swiss AND American cheese that was then DEEP FRIED and smothered with POWDERED SUGAR. If that is not enough, it came with a side of RASPBERRY JELLY to dip it in, and fries of course. While not the healthiest meal, it was tasty and will be sorely missed. However, this closing means there is an opening for another restaurant to come up with something even more delicious and twice as unhealthy! I thought I would give them some help, so here is what I've come up with. I call it, the Monte Jaybird!I am not sure if it will be as delicious, but I am certain that the health aspects will be about the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to worry!! Cheddars has the same sandwich- also called the Monte Cristo. I get it every time. Like a sandwich with funnel cake cread...YUMMY!

Just Keeping it Real said...

I think I'm going to throw up!