Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Let the weirdness begin!

Ok, you are probably wondering why I would name my blog something as random as 431 LKH. The reason is twofold. First off, when signing up for my blog I tried several clever and witty names, all of which were taken of course. And since I didn't want to settle for a blog name like coolguy42313, I decided on the one letter/number combo that couldn't possibly be taken. It is the alphanumeric designation given by the Texas Department of Transportation to my parent's Oldsmobile Delta 88 sometime in the mid-eighties. I don't know why, I've always just remembered that license plate number. The earliest event I recall remembering it was when we took a trip to the Guadalupe river. Mom and I went to get the inner tubes to float down the river in while Dad and my siblings parked the car. The guy issuing the inner tubes asked my mom what the license plate number is. This is a system they have in place to stop inner tube theft. In case we decided to suddenly abscond with their precious valuable inner tubes, they would take possession of our priceless Delta 88. Anyways... I remember Mom saying "Gerad, go back to the car and get the license plate number." I said "I don't need to go back, it's 431 LKH". She gave me a strange look and asked me how I knew that. And so began a long string of strange useless things that I remember over long periods of time, while I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday..

4 comments:

Just Keeping it Real said...

I don't even remember the inner tube event! You are crazy. And for the Target express line. Every now and then there is no one in that lane and the cashier will call out to the next person in the regular line and have them come over. The reason I know this is because it happened to me and I had WAY over the express line limit and everyone that came up behind me (to really do express!) glared at me the whole time she was scanning my items. I figure if I said "she told me to get in this line" it would sound lame and make me look even worse. Congrats on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Only you would remember that!! And you probably can't remember what you had for lunch yesterday because you didn't EAT lunch!! =P

Jaybird said...

Mom- I can't find your sister's email. She might remember that trip, she was there. I remember because we were walking along and I slipped and fell in the river and she pulled me out. It was probably 3 seconds total, but I thought for sure I was going to drown. And thanks for the insight on the express lane, I will give the benefit of the doubt next time.

Becca- It was a ham sandwich, so there!

Michele said...

I don't remember saving you but you know I would!