Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"Book Review"

Ok, so my sister always posts book reviews in her blog so I thought I would give it a shot. In elementary school, one of my favorite times of year (other than "field day" and "kite day") was the book fair! The fine folks at the Scholastic book company would cart in these large book shelves on wheels that were actually two book shelves hinged together and they would fold open. It was always an exciting day when I would see them wheel in those bright blue and red cases down the hall towards the library. Instead of choosing a classic literary masterpiece, most of the time I would purchase a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book, much to the chagrin of my parents and teachers. So without further ado, I give you my review of "Secret of the Ninja"!!
The story immediately grabs your attention. Something mysterious is going on at my friend Nada's dojo. It seems that the building is under attack by an evil spirit of some kind and then a sword is mysteriously delivered to the dojo so she calls me to help. Nada also says she has a secret to share with me. Unfortunately, shortly after that I am killed by a stealthy band of ninjas and the story ends.

Overall I give this book two stars. It really grabbed my attention at first, but about the time I was hooked I ended up being murdered. On the plus side, it was a really quick read. A great book if you are looking for something to read to fill the time between your appetizer and entree.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good review! And they still roll in the book carts for book fair. We just had one a couple of weeks ago. It's even better being on the teacher side of it because kids buy books off your 'wish list'. Maybe only in Frisco do they do that...

Jaybird said...

You do realize I was joking about the book right? Actually, I probably did read that one at some point. :)

Do the kids still get the little single folded sheet, newspaper-thin ordering form from Scholastic? I loved those!