Friday, October 24, 2008

Let's get analytical!

I should cook more often.. my last post generated the most unique visits ever on my blog-
There must be a lot of vegetable pasta fans out there!

You may be wondering- how did I get this data?

I will tell you how!

I am a big analytical nerd. It's half of what I do at my job and it's a lot of fun (the other half is marketing, also a lot of fun). So naturally, I would discover the cool tool that is
Google Analytics. It is free and as the name would suggest, it lets you analyze your blog. Without this, I wouldn't know that I have received 81 visitors who came here from my Mom's blog. Thanks Mom! Another cool feature is a map that lets you see where everyone is coming from...Most of my visitors are from the U.S. of course, but it was neat to see I have visits from Spain, Greece, Argentina, Columbia, China, England, and Chile. Maybe one of those people will buy me a ticket to come visit their country and cook them some vegetable pasta. :)

As if that was not cool enough, you can click the country to view further detail..
then you can click on the state to view even FURTHER detail! This is where it gets really cool. Google really thinks of everything. You can click on the city to get a street by street interactive map of who visits your website. After clicking on the street name you can get even more detail about your individual visitors, like this...









Ok, so that last part was made up, but Google Analytics is really cool.

1 comment:

Misty McTexUs said...

Dude! I loved your analytical stuff. I know I was one of the ones reading about your veggie pasta. And the way you described it, I was wanting some too! Todd would go for it if I didn't at least throw some frozen shrimp in there. Your analytical data kicks our blog's analytical data's butt!