Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our silly dog

Ok, I have had writers block for a while and my week has been pretty mundane, so I will tell you how our dog's week has been. I know, I know, exciting stuff! Our little pup is quite the morning person. Most mornings when she wakes up, she does sprints throughout the house just because she is so happy to be alive another day (we can learn a lot from dogs). Sunday was no exception. Unfortunately, in her excitement while trying to jump on the bed, she miscalculated the trajectory she would need to make it at her current speed. She hit the corner of the bed hard and fell backwards and landed on her back. For the rest of the day she was more sedate than usual. After she yelped a couple times when I tried to pick her up, it sealed my decision as an overprotective pet parent that she needed to come to work with me Monday morning and see the doctor. It turned out she will be fine, the diagnosis was "probable strained muscle due to collision". She is on pain meds for a couple weeks, but it is liquid that tastes like honey, so she is fine with it. We have also been lifting her when she wants up and down to make sure she doesn't hurt it any further. However, she is quite a sly dog and I think she has figured out this system. I am not so sure that she is hurting anymore but she is really liking being lifted up and down wherever she wants to be. Now she just pauses and looks up at us like "Well?? Are you just gonna sit there?". Yeah, we are well trained.

1 comment:

Michele said...

Love your diagram... really helped me understand the whole situation! I have a friend that was going out of town once and was going to leave her dog with a friend. The dog kept yelping ever time she touched his right paw so she took him to the vet. When the vet touched her right paw there seemed to be no pain but when he touched her left paw she yelped. Nothing was wrong... she seemed to have forgotten which paw was "injured" in her plan to divert her owner from leaving town!