Monday, August 4, 2008

A little insight into my weirdness

One year in elementary school I was in a classroom that had a large calendar that took up the entire length of one wall. Each month of the year was on it's own giant poster board in a unique color. It is for this reason that I confuse February and November to this day! As you can see from my handy color coded calendar, February and November were both brown! All the other months were different colors, although March and May were different shades of blue and June and July were different shades of green. For some reason though, this has always made sense to me because they both start with the same letter, so it would be logical to have similar colors.

Also in elementary I was always a little stressed in the lunch line because I would confuse salad and lettuce and didn't know which one it was to tell the lunch lady that I didn't want. I'm sure she was entertained when I asked for no salad on my burger. Hmm... let's see what other weirdnesses can I try to justify through my crazy logic... I tend to read magazines backwards, not the sentences or paragraphs, when I pick one up I just always start from the back cover and peruse backwards. . Ok, for the finale I will reveal how I visualize numbers. I have explained this to a lot of people and there are only two reactions- they either think I am completely nuts or they can relate exactly to what I'm talking about. Ok, so here it is. This is how I view numbers in my head-At 101 the pattern repeats, going up, then to the right, etc etc. Makes perfect sense, right? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, I'm probably scarring some children for life in my class.

Numbers are just all jumbled up in my head. I hate math!

Michele said...

Wow! Very interesting subject. I had a discussion not long ago with a friend about how she saw the calendar months. She said she saw them like on a calendar. I see them in a circle and when it is say, August I see it like I'm standing on that part of the circle and February is straight across from me but the furthest away. I don't think I see numbers in a certain way... there's too many of them.